Sunday, May 10, 2009

The First Tee of Houston

Yesterday I attended the Volunteer Training for The First Tee of Houston/Redstone. I am looking forward to getting involved with this organization as I feel it will be a great way to give back to the community, stay involved with golf, and help young kids learn life lessons that apply on and off the golf course.

With my schedule I wont be able to start attending clinics until July, but I will be participating as a "mentor" and look forward to just having fun and showing kids how to get better at golf.

I was surprised by the turn out at the training session yesterday. People from all ages were attending, from high schoolers to parents. The facility at Redstone is very good. Redstone had donated land and a building for The First Tee to use. They have a practice putting/chipping green and a 3-hole par 3 course as well. Maybe ill be able to improve my game as well showing these kids new drills.

No comments:

Post a Comment