Friday, August 21, 2009

Bear Dance Golf, Larkspur, CO

Bear Dance is one of my favorite golf courses in colorado. It is about a 25-30 minute drive from Denver, but definitely worth the drive.

The course is in the same country as Castle Pines, which is probably one of Colorado's best golf courses and most exclusive club in the state (and former home of The International, PGA event). When playing at Bear Dance, you will definitely enjoy awesome views of the rocky mountains. This is a place I tell anyone to play when they are looking for a good spot, especially those from out of town visiting Colorado.

Every single hole is cut into the tree's and you dont see anyone else or any other hole. Number 16 is my favorite hole. The tee box is probably elevated easily 100 feet, and you face the rocky mountains and just let it rip. Definitely a fun hole to have a long drive contest because the ball stays in the air forever. The first time I played the hole, I hit my drive and when i looked up I forgot to look for my ball and was just staring at the view of the rocky mountains in front of me. And not to mention when we walked up to the tee-box a huge Moose was just hanging out at the back of the tee box at the edge of the woods watching people tee-off.

The course is in great shape, especially for a public course. I STRONGLY recommend playing Bear Dance when visiting Denver, or looking for a nice place to play to change up the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment