Saturday, August 8, 2009

Its Been Awhile

So its been awhile since I posted on here, but its difficult to blog about something that you havent done or even watched. Sadly, the last few months had little golf in my life. Besides the British Open, not really much to talk about. And there are millions of other people who can give better insight to The Open, so why even waste mine (and yours) time.

But now I think I am going to get back into the golfing world. Even though it is 100 degrees in Houston, it is still playable. Luckily this summer has been fairly dry, so no excuse for not getting my game in order.

Last week I headed up to Park City, Utah and was able to get a few rounds in. The first round was a scramble style tournament, so no pressure and was able to fire for the pin and let it rip. Our team did alright, shooting 66. Not bad considering one of the players on our team is happy just to break 100.

Then a few days later we played again, but this time just regular 4-some everyone playing their own ball. Some how I was able to turn out an 82. This also includes 5 three-putts I had. Maybe I should take some of my own advice and get back to working on my short game. I think I missed three fairways all day off the tee. But what good does that do me if i cant even putt?

Well today I am gonna go and play Memorial again here in Houston. We are hitting up the twilight special and hopefully be able to get all 18 in again. Lets see if my putting game improves today....

No comments:

Post a Comment